Welcome to Pittsboro United Methodist Church Preschool!
We offer educational based preschool programs that support the local school systems. Our Preschool was founded in 1979 with only 12 children enrolled and a dream to open our hearts and our doors to the local community, no matter what a family’s religious background may be.
Our mission is to provide the best learning opportunities for the young children of our community so they are prepared to succeed, as they begin their educational journey!
Today, our Preschool prepares the minds of students while introducing new skill sets to approximately 70 students each school year. Your child will learn to work and play with other children his/her own age. Our goal is to introduce school as a safe, caring, inviting, stimulating and happy place to be.
Our programs focus on language development, learning to recognize & write the alphabet & numbers, social behavior, self-reliance, physical development, speaking in front of a group, introductions to music & crafts, color & shape recognition, cutting skills, name & address recognition, learning how to recognize and deal with feelings, sharing and learning to work well in a group setting.
All classes have music on a weekly basis and monthly visits from Pastor William Nickrand, who enjoys sharing Bible Stories and songs with the children.
Realizing the importance of your child’s progress throughout the school year, we have parent / teacher conferences in January and provide progress reports in January and May. We encourage parent involvement in the classroom and at home. There is a monthly calendar of events and weekly newsletters sent home, giving us an opportunity to communicate directly with you about our daily activities.
Registration is based on a first come, first serve basis according to class availability. There is a $125 non-refundable registration fee due at the time of registration to confirm your child’s place in class. We offer two types of preschool programs: The Beginners Program ages 3-4yrs and Pre-K (Pre-Kindergarten) Program ages 4-6yrs. Our programs run during the school year, August to end of May.
Preschool Monthly Newsletter
The Beginners Program teaches fundamental basics to children ages 3-4 years old. The focus is on learning how to bridge the separation from home and family to the classroom. We provide a combined curriculum to create a well-rounded experience through the following three curricula: Heggerty Phonics, Pocket of Preschool and Everyday Math.
Our daily academics include focusing on letter recognition and proper pencil grip, math, science, self exploration, vocabulary building, speaking & performing in a group setting, colors, shapes, drawing, cutting, crafts and story time with questions and answers.
We also address basic classroom rules and procedures to guide our daily routine. For example, forming a line and staying in that line, going to the bathroom by themselves & washing hands, putting on coats by themselves, when to talk, when to listen, taking turns, sharing, relating to peers and personal responsibility for their actions.
To enroll in this program:
- Your child must be 3 years old by August 1, 2022
- There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $110.00 for beginners.
- The monthly fee for this program is $125.00
- There are 15 children and 2 teachers per classroom
- Beginner classes meet every Tuesday and Thursday
- The program is in session from August to May
- We have morning classes from 9am to 11:30am
Our daily academics focus on:
- Alphabet Recognition, Printing, Upper/Lower Case and Proper Pencil grip
- Math & Science
- Self Exploration
- Numbers, Printing, Recognition, Sequencing & Counting
- Calendar, Weather, Daily Agenda
- First & Last Name, Recognition, Printing, Writing
- Public Speaking, Patience
- Classroom Rules, Etiquette
- Personal Accountability, Rotating Monthly Jobs
- Vocabulary Building
- Field Trips
- The Pledge of Allegiance
- The Solar System
- Baking, Health & Nutrition
To Enroll in the Pre-K Program:
- Your child has to be 4 years old by August 1, 2023
- There is a one-time non-refundable registration fee of $125.00
- Monthly fee for this program is $225
- There are 18 children and 2 teachers per classroom
- Pre-K class meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Our Pre-K class runs from 9am to 1pm
- Our school year runs from the beginning of August to the end of May
We are currently accepting students for the 2023-2024 school year.
What is needed for your child to be registered?
1. Registration form
2. Non refundable deposit – $125
3. Copy of immunization records and birth certificate. We will need this before school starts in August.
Where to turn in registration paperwork?
We offer two ways of submitting your registration
227 E. Main St
Pittsboro, IN 46167