We are hiring! Are you looking for a part-time position that will make a profound impact on your community? Consider applying for our open positions below
Pittsboro United Methodist Church
Director Job Description
General: The Director is responsible for all aspects of the school’s operations: enrolling children, meeting with parents, keeping records, timely correspondence, supervising employees, overseeing curriculum development & implementation, and generally assures the smooth operation of the school. The Director is required to be on-site during school hours.
Hours: Part Time Position
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday and Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Some after hours meetings and programs will be required
- Develop and maintain a positive, productive relationship with local schools, administrators, church staff and the Pittsboro United Methodist Church Leadership Team.
- Attend all Leadership Team meetings, providing updates on operations and activities, employee performance, financial status and to address the needs of Preschool as a whole. Leadership Team meetings take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the third Monday of each month.
- Schedule and lead monthly staff meetings.
- Schedule Safe Sanctuary training sessions with church personnel. Create and maintain a written record of Safe Sanctuary certified persons coordinating efforts with church members and teachers.
- Responsible for scheduling, organizing, preparing, and overseeing the implementation of all program events, in class visitors, and field trips.
- Develop and communicate the yearly preschool calendar to necessary persons. This includes but is not limited to: music schedule, librarian visits, pastor visits, other class visitors, class parties, activities, field trips, and various curriculum information
- Responsible for all registration of new student enrollment:
- Manage the waiting list for admission and current availability for classes.
- Responsible for recruiting new students.
- Provided updated class registries, keeping staff and leadership updated on changes.
- Responsible for collecting payments, payroll, reimbursements, and collecting delinquent accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that the preschool curriculum(s) is adhering to the requirements mandated by the State of Indiana for Early Childhood Education. Any changes and associated costs to the program curriculum must be presented and approved by the acting preschool board to be implemented.
- Responsible for certain aspects regarding all employees: recruiting, interviewing, hiring, firing, enforcing procedures, taking corrective action if needed (along with involvement and approval from the Preschool Ministry Board), dispersing paychecks and managing employee files. Ensuring established procedures are in place so the employees are given the necessary tools to succeed in their roles.
- Compose updates for PUMC electronic newsletter.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of all supplies for the office and classroom.
- Responsible for developing content and managing updates for the preschool website, social media, and other related literature.
- Maintain a neat, orderly, and organized filing system both electronically and with hard (paper) copies.
- The Director will attend all off-site, field trips and act as a substitute if necessary.
- Respond to all correspondence – phone, email, social media inquiries in a timely manner.
- The Director may perform other related tasks guided by the Staff Parish Relations Committee, the pastor, and the Leadership Team.